Young Authors' Day was a great success! Randy Beard, a songwriter, came to our school yesterday (Wednesday). He was so creative and inspirational to all of us. He randomly chose books from our class pile and made the story into a song. He chose Trevor's book The Bad Ball Game and made it into a great song! It was amazing how he could do this on the spot. We also got to meet our kindergarten pen pals. We were able to share our books that we have written with them. They were very excited to meet us. All in all it was a great day that went very quickly!
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world. -Lou Holtz
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
“If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.” William Edward Hickson
OES Mission: Learning is Our Passion and Commitment.
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(16)
- ► April 2013 (3)
- ► March 2013 (3)
- ► February 2013 (6)
- ► January 2013 (3)
-
►
2012
(46)
- ► December 2012 (2)
- ► November 2012 (5)
- ► October 2012 (6)
- ► September 2012 (4)
- ► August 2012 (4)
- ► April 2012 (6)
- ► March 2012 (6)
- ► February 2012 (4)
- ► January 2012 (4)
-
►
2011
(53)
- ► December 2011 (7)
- ► November 2011 (9)
- ► April 2011 (8)
- ► March 2011 (7)
- ► February 2011 (7)
- ► January 2011 (5)
-
►
2010
(84)
- ► December 2010 (8)
- ► November 2010 (16)
- ► October 2010 (9)
- ► September 2010 (6)
- ► August 2010 (5)
- ► April 2010 (5)
- ► March 2010 (7)
- ► February 2010 (10)
- ► January 2010 (9)
-
►
2009
(67)
- ► December 2009 (11)
- ► November 2009 (7)
- ► October 2009 (9)
- ► September 2009 (7)
- ► August 2009 (10)
- ► April 2009 (2)
- ► March 2009 (3)
- ► February 2009 (11)
- ► January 2009 (3)
-
▼
2008
(49)
- ► December 2008 (4)
- ► November 2008 (5)
- ► October 2008 (3)
- ► September 2008 (8)
- ► August 2008 (4)
- ► April 2008 (8)

15 comments:
Hello Mrs. Butcher's Class!
I loved hearing Mr. Beard put all of our OES stories to music! He made me laugh and cry :)
I think he is my favorite vistor on Young Authors Day yet! What did you all think?
I think the song writer was fabulous. He did a really good job making songs out of our books. I like the beat of all of his songs. Do you?
i sort of liked Mr.Beard. It was cool how he can make songs out of are books. Will he come next year?
Dear Trevor,
I also liked the rhythum of the music and how he put extra words in-between the book.
Sincerely,
Huntter
Hey Guys!
I am happy to hear that you guys really enjoyed him. Before he left to go back home he did say he definitely wanted to come back. He was really impressed with our school. I think they might ask him back, but they aren't for sure yet. I sure hope they do!
Aaron, I thought it was so impressive how he just randomly selected a book and then made it into a song. I really don't think I could have done that. I would have been way to nervous!
Huntter, I also noticed how he added words here and there, and it really made the song flow. I also like how he picked a few words and repeated them throughout his song. For example, how it repeated "the bad ball game" throughout Trevor's song. It kind of reminded me of the way poetry uses repetition.
Thanks for commenting guys!
Mrs. Butcher
I really loved Andy Beard. And he's
a really good singer. I wonder what
his favorite song is?
I wonder how people make that system make different sounds?
Dear Mrs.Miller how did he make u cry?
Sincerely,marco
it was cool when he made up a song by just reading the book. Trevor's was my favorite.
Kody,
I have no idea what his favorite song is...what a great question! I wish we would have had time to ask questions after he sang for us. Time went by way to quickly!
Marco,
Randy sang different songs for each grade level. I think for the fourth graders he sang one of his new songs about the war in Iraq. I think a lot of people cried because it meant so much to them. I am sure it would have been great to listen to. Hopefully he will come back next year and maybe we will get to hear it!
Trevor's book was my favorite also. I wish we could have recorded it so we could listen to it again!
See you later!
Mrs. Butcher
I liked how he could make op a song right away. He did a awsome job.
I liked how he could make op a song right away. He did a awsome job.
Alexa,
You are right! He did do an awesome job!
Mrs. Butcher
I loved Mr. Beard. I thought that he was so creative.I don't think that I would ever be able to do that stuff. I think that he is one of the greatest authurs that have ever came to our school.
Your Friend,
Kate
Do we have to bring a sack lunch May 16, 2008? Libby
Post a Comment