To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world. -Lou Holtz

Friday, May 16, 2008

Two More Weeks!


Hey Everyone!

Hope you enjoyed this week. We had some fun activities going on this week. The nursing home threw us an ice cream social on Thursday thanking us for all of our gifts and cards throughout the year. Then on Friday we had our "Garden of OES Day" where we all worked together to make our Garden look great!

Next week we have a busy week as well. We have our field trip on Wednesday, Grades 4-5 Musical on Thursday, Purple Power Party, and our ice cream party! What a fun week!

Instead of giving you a writing topic for your WNB this week, I thought it would be fun to post it on our blog. Remember if you cannot sign in and post a message feel free just to write it on paper and you can share it on Monday! Remember to use the 6 Traits of Writing! Revise and edit your piece before you post it! Everyone will be able to read it!

Here it is: It is the end of the school year. You have successfully completed a whole year of third grade. Second graders are a little nervous about moving onto third grade. They will be visiting their new teachers soon. Write them a letter telling them about third grade. Be sure to ORGANIZE your letter and use paragraphs! I can't wait to read some of these letters! Have fun and good luck!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Mrs. Butcher

13 comments:

Trevor said...

I am thinking about our theme for next year. I think I'm going to flaten a big box. Then draw a piture of a race car.Then I'll cut it out. I hope it turns out to be great.
I really appreciate what the nursing home people did for us. I think we should give them an ice cream party. The ice cream they gave us was incredible. It tasted SO chocolatey. Don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Dear 2nd graders,

3rd is not scary at all. Once you get use to it. I am going to 4th grade. In 3rd grade you are only 2 mores up then you will be in 5th grade.What teacher do you think you will have for a teacher in 3rd grade?
Sincerely,

Caleb Torson

Kate said...

Dear 2nd Graders,

3rd grade is not as scary as you might think. Sure you will half to do the ISTEP, but it just has questions on it that you learned in second grade. So do not be scard about that.

In third grade the teachers are very nice. Some of the teachers are going up to forth grade with us, but some of the forth grade teachers are moving down to 3rd grade. The teachers that are moving down to 3rd grade are really nice.

I hope you have a awsome 3rd grade next year!

Your Friend,
Kate Mahnensmith

heidi said...

Dear 2nd graders
It is not scary to go into 3rd grade. It just like 3rd grade but you do diffint things. I wish we had two recess but we have one.The best part is who will your techer be.

sincerely,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Dear 2nd grades,

3rd grade is very fun.Your teacher will be nice to. But you will have to do ISTEP. But isn't that hard when you get the hang of it.

Just like when you started 2nd grade you will be a little nerves but when you get used to it it's really fun. I really hope you like 3rd grade next year.

Anonymous said...

3rd grade is really fun the thing i dont like is only 1 recess =(.3rd grade is kinda hard at first but when u get use to it its easy.ISTEP is different from a lot of tests.it looks hard but it is easy.they are ganna teach u division even tough i still dont get it.3rd grade isnt really different from 2nd grade.I hope you like 3rd grade.Sinserly,Marco Delgado

Kody said...

Dear 2nd graders,
Third grade is the best. You will
love.... all the things you do. But
after a while you will get use to
it. Some of the things might be a
little hard. But most will be easy.

Mrs. Butcher was my teacher. She's
the best teacher. Some of the things you do will be at different
times. Now grab your things and head off to third grade. Have fun.

Ashley said...

3rd grade is not so scary. I was nervous when I started 3rd grade. Some of the things you do are really hard but some of the things are easy. You will like 3rd grade.
Sincerely,

Ashley

jkempercrew said...

Dear second graders,
Third grade is not scary. I felt the same way when I went to third grade. You are probably wondering if your teacher, will be mean or nice.
Well I would ask your second grade teacher. If you could have Mrs.Harris as a teacher. She is so awesome and wants you get to know her. You will be asking if you can stay in third grade forever!
Sincerely,
Libby

Mrs. Butcher said...

Wow! You guys are awesome! These letters are amazing!

Caleb,
Thank you for telling them 3rd grade is not scary! I am sure some of them will be a little nervous to come down this hallway! It is a whole new part of the school for them!

Kate,
Thank you for telling them that ISTEP isn't too bad. Tests can make people very nervous. I am sure they appreciate you telling them it isn't horrible!

Heidi,
Great letter! Thanks for telling them it isn't scary. (But you shouldn't have told them we only have one recess! Haha...I am only kidding.)

Alexa,
Great letter :) I am sure they were nervous for the ISTEP test, but thank you for telling them it isn't too bad. You are right...we are always nervous going into a new grade, but once you are there for a couple days the nerves go away!

Marco,
Thank you for telling them about what to expect. You are right...3rd grade isn't much different. You just learn new things :) Good letter!

Kody,
I loved your closing..."Now grab your things and head off to 3rd grade!" It was a great way to end your letter. It makes them excited for what is to come! Great letter!

Ashley,
Thanks for the great letter! You are exactly right...some things in 3rd grade are hard at first because we are learning new things. But if you stick with them they will one day become easy!

Libby,
You wrote a great letter! You make third grade sound so exciting. I loved your closing..."You will want to stay in third grade forever!" That will really make them excited to come to third grade!

You guys all did a GREAT job! Thank you for taking the time out of your weekend to write these letters!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Butcher

Aaron said...

Dear,2nd graders
Don't be scared of 3rd grade it is sort of like 2nd grade but you have a different teacher and some different students. At the beinning of the year it is easy but at the end of the school year it is sort of hard but not that hard. You learn a lot of new things like times and you do istep which is not that that hard but it is somethings.

Sincerely,
Aaron wyatt

huntter said...

Dear Trevor,
I saw your comment about you drawing a race car on card bord and I wondered if you are really going to make it. I also really liked the idea to.

sincerely,
HUNTTER

huntter said...

Mrs.butcher are we aloud to post thinking, fat questions,and summaries on the computer instead of righting on paper.

sincerely,
HUNTTER

“If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.” William Edward Hickson

OES Mission: Learning is Our Passion and Commitment.

Blog Archive