To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world. -Lou Holtz

Thursday, November 20, 2008

No Turkey By Trevor


My talented dad and brother and me, but I'm not so talented,we just got home the day before Thanksgiving empty handed. My mom asked my dad "did you get any turkey?"

"No" and there wasn't any turkey for sale on any farms".

"Oh man maybe we will get lucky and find a turkey."

"We don't have much time. Thanksgiving is tomorrow." I said.

The next morning at 6:00 a.m. we left so the other hunter's won't take our turkey.We crossed the road looking for dead turkeys. We didn't see any. While we were deep into the woods my dad took out a turkey caller. After a while we heard real turkeys. We got down behind a big rock. Our muskets were to long and were sticking out. My musket was about 2 in a half feet long. My brother's was about three feet long, but my dad's was the biggest. It was a little over three in a half feet long. Then the turkey gobbled away. We tried following them, but they split up.

We asked four farmers if they had any turkey for sale. They all had the same answer, " The last one just went." The third farmer was a real grouch. He yelled, "THE LAST ONE JUST WENT"!

My dad yelled back at him saying, " We have headaches".

"Well than don't yell"!

"We have headaches of you yelling so much"!

"Get off my property!"

"Make me !"my dad yelled back! My brother and I drug him out back in the woods before he could call the cops. We were out of his yard in a jiffy. The other farmers were really nice.

On our way home when we passed the road we saw three overweight turkey. At first we thought they were alive. We walked up slowly. Then we new they were dead. The one that I saw I thought it died from eating to much. It looked like 15 or 20 pounds. "I wonder what this ones been eating?" I told my dad.
We walked in the door with three fat fat turkey. Everyone was excited. it was 4:00, Thanksgiving was at 5:00. "It's ok if Thanksgiving is a little late the Indians wont mind anyway".
"What else are we having besides turkey?"My dad asked. " Mashed potatoes, milk, green beans, noodles, and pumpkin pie."
"Oh yes! I love pumpkin pie"I screamed!
"Well good! I made a lot of it."
"That's great ! I'll eat one whole pie."
"That's way to much pie for you."
"Come on I can eat it all."
We spent an hour eating our delicious food.

No comments:

“If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.” William Edward Hickson

OES Mission: Learning is Our Passion and Commitment.