To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world. -Lou Holtz

Monday, February 21, 2011

Where did February go?

Maybe it's just me, but February has flown by! Just a reminder that next week we begin our ISTEP testing! Over the past few weeks I have noticed that we are really struggling to learn our multiplication facts. So we are starting rocket math (multiplication). We have determined each student's goal. Students will take a one minute timed test each day. If they do not pass, then they will take that paper home to finish has homework. If they do reach their goal, then they will move onto the next level the following day. I am not putting pressure on the kids to reach a specific level. I just want each of them to do their personal best. I don't want them worry or fret about passing or not passing. It is just to help them become more familiar and quicker with their facts.

No comments:

“If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.” William Edward Hickson

OES Mission: Learning is Our Passion and Commitment.